Tuesday 23 September 2008

george & tony do ireland [2005]

Recently uncovered this piece of work, previously believed to have gone AWOL... George & Tony... was the result of an editing project set at university, to:

(i) demonstrate capability and range with non-linear editing (in this case Final Cut Pro, my weapon of choice);
(ii) assess ability to convert and use found footage, from VHS, 16mm, 8mm, DVDs, and online sources.

It's an interesting piece: the narrative structure is definitely "experimental" and I guess if you're not from the province you might have trouble following what is going on, at least on that level. I have to admit, watching it back now, it shows me how much my skills have progressed in three years; but at the same time, I really like the concept we came up with, and how we exploited our resources.

No comments: